My client is looking to recruit a Workshop team Leader for their engineering business located just south of Salisbury.
They are a market leader within their industry supplying a global client base with their products, produce bespoke vehicle solutions for specific industry sectors, and this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical/ Electrical Fitter with supervision skills looking for a new challenge in 2023.
The role of Workshop Team Leader is a hands-on role, where you will be required to work alongside your team of Electrical/Mechanical Fitters on new vehicle builds, ensuring the quality of the builds meet the client’s specifications.
Other duties will include:
- Mentoring junior engineers and assisting with their development within the workshop.
- Ensuring the Workshop has all the required material onsite to complete builds.
- Ensuring health and safety rules are adhered to at all times.
- Deliver Daily Activity Briefings and Regular Toolbox Talks
- Ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements are observed in the workshop and testing yard
- Demonstrate a Health and Safety commitment and ensure procedures are observed and maintained at all times
- Prioritise efficient use of materials, equipment and team resources to achieve project programmes
- Communicate effectively with the Engineering Department
- Ensure stock levels of fittings, fixings, PPE etc are monitored and report for replenishing in a timely manner
The role will involve working a day shift pattern Monday to Thursday 0730-1630 and 0730-1330 on Fridays
- MUST be a skilled Mechanical/Electrical Fitter with previous supervisory experience
- Educated to NVQ level or similar in Engineering
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- A valid HGV licence would be beneficial
In return my client offers a competitive salary, and benefits with the role.