Social Media Data Analyst Swindon
This is an exciting opportunity that offers varied, hands-on work and the flexibility to learn, grow, and develop in the constantly changing landscape of social intelligence.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a passion for using data to tell stories.
- Can confidently interact at all levels of a business.
- Can effectively translate technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Have experience of working independently and meeting competing deadlines.
- Can quickly assimilate terminology and concepts of industry sectors.
In this role, you will:
- Become an expert user of a world-leading analytical product suite.
- Consult with clients and colleagues regarding data acquisition, analysis and its use in complex business settings.
- Represent your own work in a clear, engaging manner and be able to field follow-on requests for information.
- Provide feedback to guide new product development
Successful candidates must have:
- At least 2 years analytical business experience, ideally with a working background in a role implementing social intelligence solutions or delivering social data insights.
- Strong familiarity with basic statistical concepts (such as distributions, significance and sampling)
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft and/or Google suites (in particular spreadsheets, presentations, documents).
- Experience in analysing large datasets, simplifying complex data, or working with unstructured text.
- Experience interacting with clients and/or presenting complex information to stakeholders.
- Ability to think about both practical and visionary uses of available data.
- Familiarity with social media communities, networks, and tools.
The following would also beneficial, but not essential:
- Practical experience in the use of using social media analytics platforms, such as Brandwatch and/or Crimson Hexagon.
- Experience constructing boolean searches.
- Familiarity with a programming language (Python or similar), or with SQL.
- Fluency in an additional language.