The purpose of the Senior Accountant’s role will be to take ownership of the financial management of the charity and shop and to ensure all financial accounting procedures and systems are compliant and processed on time. Preparation of all monthly management accounts and reports. To oversee the day-to-day, purchase and sales ledgers. Oversee payroll for all staff (currently outsourced). Financial management of budgets, forecasts, bids and contracts, overseeing other financial transactions.
- To maintain robust systems and procedures to support the accounting and financial procedures of both the main charity and shop, that meets all security requirements and ensures efficiency and standardisation.
- Liaise with external payroll providers to ensure accurate monthly payroll that complies with HMRC regulations and legislation.
- Set up/authorise BACs payments from the charity’s bank accounts
- Prepare monthly management accounts, financial reports and forecasts for the CEO, Board, funders, refuge owner etc.
- Manage the annual audit process, liaising with auditors to ensure recommendations, required journals etc are actioned.
- Working with the CEO to prepare the annual Charity budget and amend forecasts as new funding is secured.
- Work with the CEO to prepare information around costs of the accommodation to enable the annual rent and amenities charges to be agreed upon.
- Provide insightful financial information and expectations to the CEO and Board of Trustees to aid in long-term and short-term decision-making.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant accounting qualification
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Sage50/Sage Accounting experience and/or qualification(s).
- Demonstrate outstanding IT skills, MS Office, Word, and comprehensive knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Awareness of GDPR and data protection.
- Experience in a relevant or a similar role.
- Ability to explain financial reports and accounting processes to non-accounting/finance colleagues.
The role is expected to offered on a part-time basis of 30 hours per week to be done over four or five days.