Responsible for the development of strategies to maximise and grow revenue through adept client and territory management. The role will be responsible for fostering a culture of consultative sales excellence which is orientated towards customer need in a rapidly changing market environment.
A brief overview of the role;
Work with the sales teams and wider business to develop and oversee the implementation of effective sales strategies so that revenue and market share are maximised and channel conflict is minimized.
Manage key external and internal relationships to best effect to drive growth, develop our market position and facilitate innovation. These relationships include key accounts, channels, distributors, and senior stakeholders across the Group.
Manage key aspects of the sales activity, in order to equip the teams to sell, and implement strategy, most effectively. This includes overseeing the provision of regular sales and product training, briefing the teams on a sales model, pricing, and other significant developments, and the recruitment and/or development of a capable and motivated team of senior managers able to ensure effective implementation on the ground.
- Experience within a sales management or director position
- Demonstrable track record of personally selling £100k+ solutions within funded sector marketplace
- Proven experience in sales management within the schools & adult education sector
- Demonstrable experience leading successful teams and driving double-digit revenue growth
- Demonstrable experience of growing Direct and Channel sales operations
- Proven strong interpersonal and customer relation-building skills
- Skilled negotiator.
- Is a natural influencer with the ability to relate easily and effectively to colleagues, customers, suppliers, and partners
- Well organised and results-oriented.
- Able to develop organisational skills and methods within the team.
- Follows through appropriately
- Able to analyse complex data to establish trends and forecasts
- Confident presenter and communicator
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop team members