Salary up to £35,000
Full time, Permanent
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm with 30 minutes for lunch and Friday 7.30am – 12.45pm.
25 days annual leave plus BH.
Free car parking.
We are working in partnership with our client who are recruiting for a Production Engineer to be responsible for the implementation of health and safety, quality, and productivity improvements to new and existing production processes and products to maximise the effectiveness of the manufacturing processes.
The purpose of the position is to implement production processes and procedures, leading productivity improvements with project-based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs. Furthermore, continually review the current production process and systems to continually improve the performance.
- Design new systems and processes and provide facilities & methods to ensure the cost-effective integration of new products or for the improvement of existing ones into manufacturing operations.
- Ensure all product and system requirements are considered from the initial product design to the finished result.
- Assist with shop floor layout and cell designs along with the design of fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks.
- Generating production documentation such as assembly instructions, training documents and machine setup work sheets.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions.
- Ensure product and process quality meets the required specifications as per the product design.
- Oversee installation of machinery and equipment ensuring this is done within the guideline of the health and safety policy.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and improving the current workflows, eliminating waste, and continually reviewing space requirements and processes.
- Plan and organise maintenance in conjunction with the maintenance department ensuring that TPM plans are in place and adhered to.
- Respond to breakdowns as and when required.
- Report and review down time and possible trends in conjunction with the Production leadership of the site and make recommendations to reduce and remove downtime.
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving, quality and process improvement activities.
- Carry out FMEAs, (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) process documentation and implement improvements.
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training.
- Undertake special projects as required.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions.
- Produce written reports and make presentations as required.
- Personally motivated by a desire to solve problems, you will be intolerant of non-value activities and meticulous in your approach to the improvement of process, equipment, and tooling with minimum supervision.
- Committed to a long-term future with the business, you will be energised by working with employees at all levels but retain the self-sufficiency and focus to continual focus on continuous improvement within the manufacturing process. Your skills, knowledge and experience.
- Production or process engineering experience in an electro-mechanical assembly environment. With good electronics and electrical experience.
- Practical experience of delivering process improvements using lean tools and techniques.
- A firm understanding of demand flow production with experience of undertaking value stream analysis.
- Recognised qualification in production or process engineering (BSc./HND/HNC).
- Organised, self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking. AutoCAD and Microsoft Office literate.
- Experience of FMEA implementation with excellent root cause analysis skills set.
- Experience with small to medium batch production with varied multiply products
This is a busy and reactive position with the strong emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
Working towards tight deadlines and therefore the successful candidate must demonstrate that they are able to prioritise their workload effectively.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to discuss please do not hesitate to contact Dan Pyle at CMD Recruitment on 01380 738300 and email your CV to email@example.com