Salary up to £33,000
Full time, Permanent
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm with 30 minutes for lunch and Friday 7.30am – 12.45pm.
25 days annual leave plus BH.
Free car parking.
We are working in partnership with our client who are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to be responsible for the specification, design, implementation and improvement of new and existing plant, process equipment and tooling.
The purpose of the position is to eliminate process related non-conformities and improve operational productivity. Review and reorganise existing production processes to accept these improvements reducing in-process non-value added operator activities.
- Work collaboratively with the Production Engineers, Quality Engineers and Maintenance Engineers to identify and prioritise the modification or refurbishment of production equipment and tooling.
- Reduce defect risks.
- Work collaboratively with Tool makers, engineers, and production engineering to realise designs, design new tooling, procure materials, and define timescales for new and existing tooling/machinery improvement projects.
- Take ownership of the tooling/machinery register and ensure that tooling and machinery is maintained to the required standards and stored in the locations as per the system.
- Provide practical manufacturing engineering support and knowledge to the company’s preventative maintenance program ensuring that the continuity of production is maintained as a priority and that production equipment and tooling in need of refurbishment is promptly addressed.
- Design new systems, equipment, and processes for the introduction of new products as well as improving the existing processes within the business to eliminate defects within required timeframes.
- Work collaboratively with the engineers within the business to ensure all product and system requirements are considered and accounted for from the initial product conception to the finished productionised product.
- Investigate and install new equipment.
- Liaise with suppliers as and when required.
- Identify faults, investigate production problems, and repair equipment quickly and efficiently.
- Improve current operations wherever possible in conjunction with production management.
- Organise plant start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time with minimal impact of effectiveness.
- Keep statistical records as required on performance, maintenance breakdowns.
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
- Generate capital expenditure requirements as and when required for new product introduction as well as replacement of equipment and tooling.
- Actively drive Continuous improvement at the designated site.
- Experience of designing and problem-solving equipment/ tooling in a mechanical assembly environment.
- Practical experience of electrical, mechanical and pneumatic equipment design and build projects.
- Demonstrated capability of Tool room equipment and its use – advantageous.
- High level capability to design tooling and fixtures.
- Experience and knowledge of basic press tool design.
- Recognised qualification in mechanical or manufacturing engineering (BSc. HND/HNC).
- Organised, self-motivated and safety conscious.
- 3D Solid Modelling CAD literate.
- Microsoft Office literate.
- Able to manage projects.
- Hands on tooling engineering.
- Continuous improvement experience
This is a busy and reactive position with the strong emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
Working towards tight deadlines and therefore the successful candidate must demonstrate that they are able to prioritise their workload effectively.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to discuss please do not hesitate to contact Dan Pyle at CMD Recruitment on 01380 738300 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org