My client is a small but very specialised and niche engineering consultancy. Situated within a delightful property with lovely grounds in a market town in Wiltshire.
What do they do?
They work in an environment specialising in options assessment and evidence-based decision-making support.
- Investment appraisal
- Cost estimating
- Benefit identification
Their clients include government and large private companies predominantly operating within the defence sector. Their goal is to provide answers to complex questions and scenarios which can include;
- Analysis techniques
They have a real ‘think tank’ mentality with a fantastic and diverse team offering skill sets including mathematics, systems engineering, software engineering, chemistry, physics, naval architecture and mechanical and production engineering.
What will you do
The consultant will typically be directly involved in several studies/projects of between three to six months each, usually in a team of two to four. Thinking outside of the box is encouraged and usually necessary as a member of the collaborative team working across their portfolio of work.
One of the key elements to any study/project is the need to understand the options and choices in question and how they interact and affect their relative environment. Thinking creatively as part of a team to rationalise and simplify complex set factors is essential.
The consultant would be required to contribute to the planning, management and delivery of projects as well as developing models, performing analysis, leading meetings and presenting findings and results.
Contribute to the running of the company across all roles and disciplines will also be required in the form of identifying new business opportunities, monitoring cash flow and writing proposals.
What have you done
- A STEM degree graduate or equivalent HND / HNC
- Expert user of MS Word and Excel
- Confident in presenting to clients or senior management
What can you do
- Logical, with the ability to rationalise complex problems and scenarios
- Work to strict deadlines
- Communicate on all levels using all mediums
- Be flexible in regard to work patterns and travel
- Enjoy working in a close-knit team environment
- Be proactive, driven and self-motivated
What’s on offer
- Periodic company performance-related bonus
- Hours. 37.5
- Work from home and office (hybrid)
- Life Insurance. Four times the annual salary
- Health insurance. Generous Pension.
- Laptop, Smart Phone etc
- Free parking