Hospitality and Catering Chef Lecturer
£22,000 – £34,500 depending on experience + Excellent benefits
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Hospitality and Catering Lecturer to join their team full-time and permanently. Within this role you will be responsible for teaching, supporting, and assessing learners in multiple areas of the hospitality industry.
The role would suit a qualified assessor with a teaching qualification but equally, if you have a background in hospitality and catering and would like to pass on your knowledge, please get in touch as full training can be offered.
The successful candidate will work to support, teach and assess apprentices, part-time and full-time learners, in the Hospitality and Catering field, including front and back of house, and supervisory/management disciplines.
- Deliver high standards of teaching to learners
- Confidently demonstrate your abilities through practical exercises
- Build relationships with local hospitality and tourism industries and networks
- Identify induvial needs for students and produce relevant support were needed
- Undertake classroom and workshop risk assessments
- Monitor assessment processes, attendance and learning progress
- Produce appropriate lesson and assessment plans
- Demonstrate proven experience of operational curriculum leadership
- Deliver pastoral and tutorial provisions for learners
- Ensure a timely completion of student progress reports
- Prepare effective written and visual teaching materials including use of ILT
- Develop and sustain good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Safeguarding of all children and young people
Skills and Experience:
- Previous assessing/teaching experience OR Industry experience in Hospitality / Tourism
- Teaching qualification (or a desire to work towards one)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a related field
The role will be a mixture of delivery and assessing apprentices and learners in their place of work so some travel is required around the local area therefore a driving licence and access to a car is essential.
Hours for the role are Monday – Friday 37 hours per week.
CMD Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
CMD Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven’t heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this, unfortunately, means that you have been unsuccessful. Please apply for future roles that we advertise.