This role will have critical responsibilities for the Council; for the organising of General Meetings including ensuring compliance with the annual cycle of governance issues. The role will have responsibilities for arranging the annual elections to Council from the Professional Membership, and from Council to Trustee Board and Nominations Committee. As required, the role also assists with actions from Trustee Board and Nominations Committee and Risk Audit and Finance Committee.
Supporting the Registrar team in ensuring the smooth running of the Board/Committee/subsidiary meetings. Identifying opportunities for improvements, calling for papers, and checking the availability of attendees (where appropriate). Producing and maintaining attendance records, name cards, and all meeting arrangements including room bookings, catering requirements, and telephone/IT/AV equipment. Responsible for typing, formatting, reading and circulating agendas and other documents, uploading to Basecamp, formatting minutes, and briefing documents.
- Excellent organisation skills, both in planning and execution and completion of tasks
- Ability to progress chase tasks
- Flexible approach to prioritising tasks according to departmental requirements
- Ability to deal confidently and professionally with senior staff and senior representatives of the Institute
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Naturally assertive and confident disposition with the ability to ensure things happen
- Ability to interpret changes in regulatory frameworks in the context of impact on policy and procedures for PSB and AGM
- Ability to communicate effectively with Trustees and Board members etc.
- Confident and competent in the use of MS Office
- A pro-active and positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- An open approach to business improvement
- Ability to work under own initiative and a drive for completion
- Good listening skills
- Proven experience of working in a professional corporate sector administration environment.
- Proven experience of written reporting and documentation of business processes.
- Proven experience in implementing continuous improvement of business processes.
- Proven experience in and familiarity with governance, charitable and corporate secretarial matters.
- Proven experience of working with Boards/Committees.
- Proven experience of working with rules and regulations.
Knowledge of the following would be beneficial:
- Royal Charter, Bye-Laws and Regulations.
- Knowledge of administration required for Boards/Committees.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including a good working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe).
- Knowledge of SharePoint and understanding of membership databases/Content Management Systems.