Gardener and Grounds Maintenance Worker
25 days plus bank holidays
The working hours are full time 37 hours per week. Five days over seven.
We are working in collaboration with our client who are based in Devizes to assist with the recruitment of a Gardener and Grounds Maintenance Worker.
The purpose of this position is to act as a Gardener and Grounds Maintenance Worker to carry out associated tasks to provide an effective parks, gardens, cemetery and open spaces services under the direction of the Open Spaces Operational Manager.
NVQ 2 in Horticulture or equivalent qualification required.
Key responsibilities include:
- To complete a variety of gardening duties across a variety of properties including monitoring the health of all plants and greenspaces, watering and feeding plants, trimming trees and shrubs, fertilizing and mowing lawns, weeding and keeping green spaces and walkways clear of debris and litter.
- To assist with the design of planting schemes from inception to delivery.
- Assist with the planting and maintenance of flowerbeds, hanging baskets and tubs.
- Planting and propagating bedding plants which may include managing the greenhouse operations, as applicable.
- In extreme weather conditions assist other agencies in clearing and gritting footpaths within the town.
- Practical experience of horticultural maintenance.
- Practical experience of general maintenance to include the ability to use a range of tools.
- Able to quickly assimilate new procedures and working methods.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative whilst working unsupervised.
- A flexible and versatile approach to work.
- Be physically fit and be able to lift equipment.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and responsibilities.
- Clean valid driving licence.
- Manual Handling Training.
- First Aid Training.
- PA1 and PA6 Spraying qualification.
- Chainsaw user qualification.
Working towards tight deadlines and therefore the successful candidate must demonstrate that they are able to prioritise their workload effectively.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to discuss and apply please do not hesitate to contact Dan Pyle at CMD Recruitment on 01380 738300 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org