This is an autonomous role reporting to the board of directors and managing a small team.
You will be accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, looking into variances, approving outgoings inclusive of expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to clients and payments are collected.
You will work collaboratively with your commercial business partners to provide valuable commercial insight.
- Preparation of accounts reports and financial analysis relating to the performance at business and department levels and ensure accuracy and that company financial systems are robust, compliant and able to support both current activities and future growth
- Providing all accounting and financial reports and documents required by the company’s external auditors
- Collation and review of project milestones, resourcing needs, contract cover, subcontracts
- Development and management of a system to record effort against task completion
- Registering Management Information against various frameworks
- Checking and accepting Purchase Orders
- Checking and accepting Change Requests
- Checking, issuing and approving subcontracts
- Issuing and managing Invoices
- Checking for alignment of Terms & Conditions
Ideally, you will have:
- Excellent business sense, good judgement and positive decision-making and influencing skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills, with a keen eye for efficiency and continuous improvement
- Thorough, meticulous, good planning, time management, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Great attention to detail, accuracy and proven methods in place to avoid errors
- Confident, enthusiastic, results orientated, and both people and process-oriented
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and sensitivity in dealing with all issues of business
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to take a problem-solving approach – to analyse information and situations and generate reasoned and risk-based recommendations and solutions
- Computer literate with experience in the MS Office Suite of products and databases and accounting packages including Sage.