Business Development Manager – North
Up to £50,000 base (doe) plus generous uncapped commission
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager from the Furniture industry?
Our client is a leading Furniture Design and Manufacturer and due to continued growth, they are now looking to appoint an experienced Business Development Manager to cover the North of the UK.
The Business Development Manager role reports to the Sales Manager and is primarily responsible for closing business from cold calls, face to face meetings and sales leads.
- To proactively seek out new business development opportunities by contacting potential clients to establish rapport.
- Proactively arrange meetings using outbound emails, cold calls, and lead follow-ups.
- Prospecting for new potential clients and dealers to partner with.
- Increasing the value of current customer spend.
- Attend industry and trade events as and when required.
- Attending customers meetings, presenting, and demonstrating products to specifiers and dealers.
- Explaining and demonstrating the functions and features of products and services.
- To follow through on quotes issued in an efficient, professional, and timely manner.
- To maintain accurate records and document all business development activities using the current and any future IT systems.
- Developing, presenting, and following up quotes and proposals for clients.
- Attendance at regular sales meetings.
Specific Skills and Experience
- Experience within the Furniture or similar industry
- Ideally graduate calibre with excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- High levels of resilience – proven ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to build effective and beneficial relationships with internal and external parties.
- Excellent problem-solving ability – prepared to ‘think outside of the box’ to find solutions to satisfy both the customer and the company.
If you have the relevant experience and skillset, please do not hesitate to apply to gain further information on this exciting new opportunity!