Purchasing and Assistant Buyer
37.5 hours per week.
Monday to Thursday 08:00 -16:30
Friday 08:00 – 13:00
I have been instructed by our client to recruit a Purchasing and Assistant Buyer to work alongside the Purchasing Manager.
The purpose of this position will be to ensure the smooth delivery of purchase orders including planning delivery schedules, keying purchase orders and monitoring order reports.
Key Responsibilities and duties include the following:
- Ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials.
- Working closely with other teams within the supply chain.
- Negotiate with suppliers and build strong working relationships.
- Ensuring that internal targets and deadlines are met.
- Occasionally attend production meetings.
- Managing purchase order backlog, ensuring accurate order dates are updated in the system.
- Assisting with purchase order entries and purchase administration.
- Load purchase requisitions onto system for consignment stock and calibration requirements
- Run monthly OTD reports.
- Providing cover for other roles within the purchasing/planning team.
- Visit suppliers as required.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Highly motivated, team player with good organisation skills who can work under pressure.
- Have experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience of planning tools including ERP / MRP.
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities.
- A proactive approach to changing workload demands in an operational environment.
- Drive for continuous development and process improvement.
If you are interested, would like further information and to apply please do not hesitate to contact Dan Pyle at CMD Recruitment on 01380 738300 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org